This is a super easy handmade gift that is sure to bring a smile to your Mother this Mother’s Day.
Sew a Tissue Cover for Mom
This easy tissue cover is easy to sew and a great way to express your love and appreciate for your Mother, Grandmother, sister, and BFF etc. this year and every year. To start all you need is beautiful durable fabric, something heavy weight. You could cut it out from a pair of old blue jeans and embellish it with beads, ribbons, or sparkles. Charisse Eaves found a colorful dress to recycle for her tissue cover.
- Print your FREE tissue pattern and cut it out.
- Pattern A is the bottom of the tissue cover.
- Lay the pattern A onto your fabric, printed side up and cut 2. Pin the pieces to together with edges matching.
- Pattern B is the top of the tissue cover.
- Lay pattern B on the fabric fold, and cut 2. Fold over and match edges, Press the fold heavy and pin in place.
- Lay the top pieces on the bottom as shown in the photo. Move over to your sewing machine or hand stitch around the edges.
- Just a Note: The fabric facing the inside of the tissue cover will be the top after we turn our cover inside out.
- Sew a 3/8″ seam all the way around your edges. Clip the edges to make them pop, and turn your tissue cover inside out.
Enjoy your free tissue case pattern from the Whimsy’s Place on the Internet!