Watch this video from Shabby Fabrics to learn how you can honor a service man or woman with Jen’s Standing Strong Quilt:
This patriotic quilt meets the standards for the Quilts of Valor Foundation and is created by easily piecing 2.5″ strips together! This is the perfect project to use Salute The Flag Patriotic Fabric Jelly Roll Quilt Strips or you can purchase a kit from Shabby Fabrics to make this quilt.
- Quilts of Valor Foundation Website: http://www.qovf.org/
- Download the FREE pattern: http://bit.ly/ShabbyFabricsFreeDownloads
- Buy the full pattern (50% of proceeds go to QoVF): https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/Standing-Strong-Pattern-P37423.aspx
More Patriotic Quilt Patterns:
Follow along with Jen to learn how to use the Perfect Patchwork Starry Path Templates to create this stunning block easily!
Learn how to make the Stars and Stripes pattern from Stephanie Soebbing of Quilt Addicts Anonymous. She walks you through cutting the log cabin strips parallel to the selvage so they don’t stretch, making four-at-a-time flying geese and sewing it all together to make this beautiful quilt that meets the requirements of a patriotic Quilts of Valor quilt. Make one for yourself and one to honor a veteran.
Click this link to get the pattern from the Northcott website so you can follow along- Learn how to make this adorable American Flag Quilt block.
Elaine Theriault from Northcott shows you how to create her Maple Leaf Forever quilt that uses fabrics from the Canadian Sesquicentennial collection.
More at SWN:
- DIY Flag Cut Off Shorts: Stenciling & Distressing
- How to Make a Fourth of July Table Runner Quilt Top
- Patriotic American Flag Pillows – Fast & Easy Sewing Projects
- A Star Spangled Patriotic Quilt Tutorial
- Paper Pieced Canadian Flag
Shop ARTEZA Quilting Supplies now!