MimiG designed these jeans for ladies who have curves, and/or who always end up with jeans that leave a gap in the back at the waist. You can sew some jeans that will fit, with a professionally constructed look while following this free sewing series from MimiG Style! Simplicity’s sewing pattern #8222 will be used and Mimi posts a new video every Wednesday for the next five weeks until the jeans are finished. Mimi uses stretch denim to make her jeans and suggests using at least 3% but 5% stretch denim. You should use denim needles in your machine, some GOOD denim thread. You will also need some rivets, (you CAN DO this!) a metal jeans zipper, and a jeans shank button for the waistband.
MimiG walks you through each step to constructing these jeans leaving nothing to question!
Check out the blog for more: www.mimigstyle.com
*IF YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO SEW BUT WANT TO LEARN SIGN UP FOR THE SEW IT ACADEMY*
More free sewing tutorials for jeans alterations and construction at SWN:
- How To Lengthen Your Jeans
- How to Install a Jeans Zipper
- How to Make Skinny Jeans from Flare or Boot Cut Jeans
- How to hem wide top stitch jean pants
- Hemming Jeans Beginners
- Denim Recycling Photo Album
- Tutorial – Patching Ripped Jeans
- Learn to Hem Jeans like a Professional
- Junk Jeans Shirt Tail Vest Technique
- Toyota Super Jeans 15W Sewing Machine Demo
- How to Create Flat Pieces from Recycled Denim
- How To Create a Skirt From Jeans
- Denim Sewing Guidelines
Shop ARTEZA Quilting Supplies now!