“In her three-part Learn to Fit video series Melissa Watson, McCall’s designer and certified sewing instructor, uses the Palmer/Pletsch Tissue Fit method to show you how to successfully achieve a perfect fit with all of your patterns. This video addresses princess seams for a great fit in the bodice area using McCall’s pattern M6989 designed by Melissa Watson.” – McCall Pattern
Learning to fit and make garment pattern adjustments can take time and some practice, but once the fitting is done, your clothing will fit, look, and feel like a million dollars! Fitting your sewing pattern is done before the first pattern piece is cut from your fabric, and continues throughout the assembly and construction of your garment. Fitting is not done just once, but as a series of alterations made throughout the creative adventure of customizing the fit of your garment.
More related sewing tutorials, discussions and projects for you:
- Video: Pattern Cutting Tutorial: How To Check And Correct/Alter Fit of Armholes
- How to Sew an Easy-to-Sew Reversible Vest / Waistcoat
- Three Easy Pant Styles to Sew – No Pattern Required!
- Video: Secrets for Ladies Jacket Fitting
- Video: Stephani Miller’s Draping Lesson on It’s Sew Easy
- Video: How to Tailor and Fit Dress Shirts
- Topic: Pants Fitting & pattern making with Sure-Fit Designs
- Topic: Marking for Do-It-Yourself Fittings Video
- Video: Barbara Deckert and Plus-Size Pattern Fitting and Design
- Blog Post: Where Is Your Side Seam?
- Video: Why You Should Make a Muslin!
- Topic: Larger Hip Alterations To Sewing Patterns Apply To Tops, Too!
- Blog Post: Sewing Tips – Can I Mix And Match Sewing Pattern Pieces
- Topic: How To Shorten The Hem Of Pants With A Cuff
- Topic: Where’s My Waist? – How to identify your waist level
- Video: How to ‘TRUE UP’ Your Sewing Pattern – Tutorial
- Video: How To Sew A Quick And Easy Princess Seam
- Video: Darts – With Shirley Adams
- Video: Pattern Making: How to Make a T-shirt Pattern in 10 Easy Steps
- Blog Post: How to Lengthen a Sweatshirt for a Jacket
- Video: Pattern Cutting Tutorial: How To Drape A Basic Skirt Block
Free Spring Patterns: