Learn how to sew with the lovely Aneka Truman from Made to Sew in her free video series!
Aneka’s free sewing for beginners video series assists those who have “never sewn a stitch” learn how to use a sewing machine. In this sewing series, you can learn how to thread the machine, wind a bobbin, how to deal with tension, and use the various stitches on a sewing machine. Combining home sewing with chic runway design, Aneka from Made to Sew teaches professional sewing classes and fashion sewing techniques. Aneka Truman is a London College of Fashion graduate. Aneka launched Made to Sew in 2013, and with a wealth of global fashion brand experience, she generously shares her endless knowledge. Aneka is now a Brand Ambassador for Bernina, a monthly contributor to sewing magazines, and regularly publishes sewing videos to the Made to Sew YouTube channel.
Bookmark this page.
Do you want to learn how to sew, or simply want to review some techniques? A free beginners sewing course will point you in the right direction! Aneka Truman of Made To Sew has launched FIVE FREE video sewing lessons that guide you from threading your sewing machine to the next steps to improve your accuracy matching seams and sewing curves!
Over the course of five free lessons you will cover the following:
- Lesson 1 – Sewing Basics
- Lesson 2 – Fabric Preparation
- Lesson 3 – Straight Stitch + Tension
- Lesson 4 – Zigzag Stitches
- Lesson 5 – Accuracy Tips
More beginner basics at SWN:
- Teach Yourself to Sew: A Trip to the Fabric Store
- Tips for Beginner Sewers, Threadbanger
- Choosing A First Pattern
- Teach Yourself to Sew: Fabric 101
- First Steps: Threading Your Sewing Machine
- Beginners: How to Cut Out a Basic Sewing Pattern – Part 1
- Beginners: How to Cut Out a Basic Sewing Pattern – Part 2
- Beginners: How to Sew a Straight Line on a Machine
- Setting up your sewing machine – for beginners
- Teach Yourself to Sew: Equipment 101
- Teach Yourself to Sew: Notions 101
- Beginners Bralette – Sew Easy to Make with MuchelleB!
- Sew Confident: Essential Techniques for Beginners from: Craftsy (affiliate link)
- More free video tutorials for beginner sewers at SWN