These capes don’t have to be sewn with slippery fabrics. You can create them using winter fleece, athletic fleece, or any woven fabric that is warm enough for your little one and has some sort of soft drape. If you still want to use satin or anything slippery and you’re hesitant to cut, watch the videos below to possibly save yourself hours of frustration.
- Halloween Costume Ideas – Power Sewing
- Video: Mastering Silk with Sandra Betzina
- Sewing and Binding a Slippery Top!
- White Satin Bridesmaid Dresses with Sashes by Angela Pickhaver
- Chiffon Poppy Tutorial
- Flowergirl Dress by Heather McIntosh
- Handmade Kimono Silk Quilt by Mona Soyak
- How to Sew a Kid’s Cape or Car Seat Poncho – Free PDF Pattern
- Halloween Costume: King’s Crown & Cape
Try Craftsy Unlimited, watch everything free!