Patio umbrellas are sold at most department and hardware stores and unfortunately, most are sewn with a cheap fabric that fades from sun and may even rot when left to the harsher elements. If you want your patio umbrella fabric to last you should use Sunbrella acrylic canvas fabric. Sewing up the umbrella panels is an easy project following this free video tutorial from Sailrite. Figuring the fabric required is also made easy using Sailrite’s Fabric Calculator: Click this link!
How to Make a Patio Umbrella Chapter List:
• Calculating Fabric Required — 0:48 min
• Patterning Gores & Vent Fly — 2:59 min
• Cutting Gore Panels — 5:15 min
• Sewing Gore Panels — 7:35 min
• Creating Rib Pockets — 13:20 min
• Creating Fly — 16:10 min
• Making Umbrella Tie — 22:58 min
• Materials List — 27:01 min
If you would like to learn how to recover an existing umbrella of any size, check out this free PDF from Jessica from “Me Sew Crazy” with the instructions. http://www.mesewcrazy.com/2011/02/final-look-for-project-run-play.html
- How to Recover an Outdoor Patio Cushion
- Photo: Patio Lounge Cushions
- Photo: Patio Cushions and Pillows
- Tutorial: How to Make a Loose Frame Awning for Your Home
Shop ARTEZA Quilting Supplies now!