Isn’t this dress pretty? This free casual dress sewing pattern by Sew Vera Venus is designed specifically for knit fabrics. This comfortable knee-length dress features wrap-over pleats, a circle skirt and 3/4 length sleeves that you can wear all year long. If you need to grade your mock-wrap dress, Sew Vera Venus suggests this free Quick Reference for Cut-and-Spread Pattern Grading.
Skill level: Intermediate
24 page pattern + instructions (27 pages to print in all)
SWN links to help you with this sewing project:
- Pattern Cutting Tutorial: Basic Manual Grading and Resizing
- Blog Post: Sewing Garments with Knit Fabrics – The Surplice Dress
- Blog Post: Hints for Sewing Slinky Knit
- Serger Alternative: Using the Overlock Foot on a Regular Sewing Machine
- Stephani Miller’s Draping Lesson on It’s Sew Easy
- Fitting Tips That Will Change the Way You Look At Garment Construction
- How to Sew a Zigzag Stitch
Try Craftsy Unlimited, watch everything free!