Using her Brother DS140 sewing machine, Jocelina of PinkChocolateBreak shows us how she stitched this hot racetrack dress for Halloween!
“Halloween is right around the corner so I want to create something special for this occasion. Last year I gave it a try but since it was last minute, I didn’t really nail it when it came to creativity. So it is time to change that for Halloween this year!
Although I was going for a different look initially, I found the black and white fabric at the market and it inspired me to create something inspired by racetracks. Then came the idea of putting toy cars on it and for this I used Matchbox. When I was little they had these cool cars that would change color in the water. The result is a playful dress that still looks sexy.”
- 1 Bardot top (stretch fabric)
- 1 strapless top (stretch fabric)
- black and white fabric
- yellow fabric / top (stretch fabric)
- fabric scissors
- sewing machine (I use Brother DS140) only available in the UK.
- white tape
- fabric glue
- needle & thread
- Matchbox cars or similar
If you enjoyed this DIY racetrack dress for Halloween tutorial click like, share it with all your friends and subscribe for more free creative sewing videos!”
See what kinds of sewing products PinkChocolateBreak has to recommend right here for Beginner sewers!
- The Little Red Hens Hooded Play Cape – Free DIY + PDF
- Black Cat Fleece Hat Free PDF Pattern
- Halloween Costume Ideas
- Itsy Bitsy Spiders
- Gone Batty! Free Patterns, Tutorials and SWN Members “Batty” Sewing Projects
— Sew-Whats-New.com (@SewWhatsNewcom) July 21, 2015
Try Craftsy Unlimited, watch everything free!