“Using an overlock foot to finish off raw edges on seams is an excellent alternative to sewing with a serger/overlocker. If your sewing machine doesn’t have a stitch setting for an overlock stitch, fear not. Simply use the zig-zag stitch which comes as a standard feature on most sewing machines. Don’t forget, if you have any sewing-related questions or comments, then please get in touch!”
- Website: http://www.fashionsewingblog.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ColleenGLea
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FashionSewingBlog
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/FashionSewing/
Unlock machine features and tricks for inspired stitching as renowned instructor Linda McGehee demonstrates on a variety of Janome machines. Learn to raise your presser foot without changing the position of your hands. Sew pant legs, sleeves and bags easily with your machine’s free arm. Make your work pop with gorgeous couching and eye-catching corded piping. Switch out your throat plates for better results. Sew an accurate blind hem that looks hand-stitched. Move two layers of fabric through your machine evenly. Adjust your machine’s built-in stitches for wonderful decorative effects. Sew better buttons and buttonholes. Plus, customize your embroidery designs for extraordinary results. Make your stitching more fun, creative and beautiful!
Machine Savvy: Tips for Creative Sewing – $0.00
How to Use and Install the Overcast Foot – Sewing Parts Online
“If you want finished edges similar to a serger/overlock machine, look no further than the overcast foot. You can even get the rolled-edge look! Also, learn how to make lettuce edges and fringe in our instructional video. We show you how to install and use this must-have presser foot! To purchase your foot, visit us here: http://bit.ly/QpqCci”
More sewing machine techniques:
- How to Identify and Use 11 Most Common Sewing Machine Feet
- There’s a Better Way – Sewing Tips and Techniques from Threads
- How to Install and Use the Flower Stitch Foot – Free Tutorial
- How to Change Colours on a Threaded Overlocker/Serger Machine
- Sewing Channel: Serger Users
- Sewing Channel: Serger Reviews
- Video: Bernette 335 Serger
- Video: Serger Sewing: How To Thread Your Serger For 4 Thread Overlock
- Topic: What the difference is between three and four thread serger?
- Topic: What is the Serger used for other than hemming?
- Topic: What is the Difference Between Sewing Thread & Serger Thread….
- Video: Easy Hem Sewn with an Overlocker/Serger
- Photo: Serged goodies from Ready Set Serge
- Video: Sewing Stretch-Knit without a Serger / Overlocker
- Video: Pintucking Using a Serger with Angela Wolf
- Video: Serging a Rolled Hem Edge
Shop ARTEZA Quilting Supplies now!