Using half-square triangles and the method demonstrated by Jenny Doan in this video at SWN, I put this mini quilt together. The quilting follows the diagonal lines, rather than the 5″ squares used to construct, and the sashing is quilted with narrow lines, or “match stick quilting”. The binding is applied using this very simple method (and free video tutorial!) also demonstrated by Missouri Star Quilt Co. The half-square triangle quilting projects are fabulous for beginner quilters! I still consider myself a beginner. My corners are not perfect here… Practice makes perfect every time!
More EASY half-square triangle (“HST”) quilting projects to check out:
- Video: The Clearview Method for Half-Square Triangles
- How to Square Up a Half Square Triangle
- How to Make a Half-Square Triangle Block
- Pink Tulips and Paisley on Cream – Quilted Table Runner
- Pretty Pinwheels – Half Square Triangle Quilts Album
- Fast and Easy Pinwheels! FREE VIDEO
- Pinwheel Quilt Top by ItsVic
- Jacklyn’s Quilt by Louise Gagné
- Coffee Table Mini Quilt by Jennifer (Jennwith4)
- Sailboat Quilt by Kim
- Butterfly Quilt by Yolandi Butler
Half Square Triangle Tutorial – FOUR Methods from Alanda Craft:
The HST is said to be the most versatile of quilt blocks. You can use this block in so many quilts in so many different ways. In this video, the folks from Alanda Craft show us how to create half square triangles using FOUR different methods!
Try Craftsy Unlimited, watch everything free!