Melanie from the Crafty Cupboard shows us how she sewed this pretty dress for little girls. Upcycling an existing t-shirt, and using some fabric , a beautiful “Twirly Dress” is born. The bottom half of this dress is actually a very simple circle skirt with a serged bottom hem. If you need some extra help calculating your circle skirt radius, the Snug Bug has some excellent information to help you draft this pattern piece. I really love this sewing project because we end up with such a fantastic garment. This dress pattern would be suitable for flower girls too!
More sewing for girls at SWN:
- Izzy & Ivy’s Macy Giggles Dress – Sewing Pattern Review
- FREE PDF: Minky Swing Jacket Sewing Pattern for Little Girls
- Fabric Options for Making Kids’ Pajamas + 5 Free Patterns
- Star Spangled Skort – Free Pattern + 5 More Patriotic Sewing Projects
- Little Fixes – 54 Ways to Extend The Life of Kids Clothing