Flag panels are an inexpensive way to show off your creativity while decorating your home to celebrate Independence Day. Try a fun fringed pillow with these free instructions from Warehouse Fabrics. You’ll need two flag panel pieces and two yards of the brush fringe as well as some polyester stuffing for each pillow. This is a quick and simple sewing project for all ages.
(Click fabrics for direct links for purchase at Warehouse Fabrics Inc.)
|Go to the free American Flag Sewing Project from Warehouse Fabrics!|
Carol Chappell shows us how to sew a patriotic Stars and Stripes (or flag pillows) for July 4th! These pillows are perfect all summer long for your home, the porch, cottage, anywhere you want to use them. Carol says that this free sewing project was fun and quick to finish. The fabrics shown here are sturdy twill giving the pillow cover body so it doesn’t flop over. Carol used her Accuquilt fabric cutter and star die to cut out the stars.
More Patriotic Sewing from SWN:
- Star Spangled Skort – Free Sewing Pattern + 5 More Patriotic Sewing Projects
- Little Girl’s Patchwork Patriot Sundress by Jennifer Hester
- Blog Post: Quilts can exude patriotism
- Paper Pieced Canadian Flag Pattern
- Patriotic Saltbox House by Sandi
- Beautiful Patriotic Stars Quilt by Kelly
- Uncle Sam Bowl Filler by Sylvia
- Patriotic Pillows from Amy Barickman
- Video: How to Make a Fourth of July Table Runner Quilt Top
- Video: A Star Spangled Patriotic Quilt Tutorial
- Patriotic Bunting – Free PDF Pattern from Happy Dance Quilting
- Patriotic Goody Bag
Shop ARTEZA Quilting Supplies now!