Follow and sew along with Mimi G as she shows you how to sew this stylish and fashionable cape from Simplicity pattern 1016. In this easy-to-follow sewing tutorial, you will be making shoulder tabs, carriers, inserting lining, making pleats, and more. Get Simplicity pattern 1016 here.
Pattern and Garment Description:
Cape/Coat by Mimi G sized for miss & plus sizes is collarless, has patch pockets with buttoned flap, optional belt & removable cape with collar & epaulettes. Cape can also be worn on its own. Pattern is also Fit for Petite.
More free sewing tutorials from MimiG at SWN:
- Sew a High-Low Poncho with Mimi G for Michael Levine
- 30 Minute Pencil Skirt Tutorial + Tips On Sewing with Knit Fabrics
More cape and poncho sewing tutorials at SWN:
- How to Make a Cape
- How To Sew a Cape
- How to Sew a Hooded Cape in Under an Hour
- How to Sew a Cape 2
- Little Red Riding Hood Costume (Overview of all the pieces)
- How to Make a Kid’s Felt Prince Cape: Kindergarten Crafts
- DIY HOW TO SEW PONCHO TOP FROM AN UPCYCLED COT BLANKET
- Process: Making Felted Capelets with SmallStars
- How To Make a Little Red Riding Hood Costume
Capes and ponchos sewn by SWN members:
Shop ARTEZA Quilting Supplies now!