Check out Learn how to sew a welt pocket!
by Susan from Sew Whats New at Mode
In this free sewing video from Bernina and We All Sew, Dominique Jernigan adds welt pockets to a pretty summer dress. The versatility of welt pockets offer seamstresses more options from the traditional pockets placed at the seam. Cutting a slit into the fabric of the garment creates the welt pocket. This allows for placement anywhere on your sewing project, no seams required! Finishing a welt pocket takes practice.
Want more? Here’s what’s at SWN:
- Video: How To Sew A Welt Pocket
- Video: Jacket Construction – Peggy Sagers demonstrates notching collars, easing sleeves, and welt pockets.
- Video: Sewing Welt Pockets
- Topic: Simplified: Beautiful Single Welt Pockets by madebyaya
- Blog Post: Easy Double Welt Pockets
- Topic: Sewing a Double Welt Pocket – Free Full Lesson from UniversityOfFas…
- Video: Jackets for Real People – Welt Pockets
- Topic: How to Sew a Single & Double Welt Pocket – from Marina Brumpton
- Blog Post: Sewing Pockets – Seven Styles and Sewing Methods
Elsewhere on the web:
$3.99 Ponte Knits @ FabricMart!
http://bit.ly/ponteknits – Ad